• Yankees Prospects

Posted by on December 3rd, 2016 · Comments (10)

Greg Bird, Gleyber Torres, Clint Frazier, Gary Sanchez, Blake Rutherford, Jorge Mateo, and Aaron Judge.

Luis Severino, James Kaprielian, Justus Sheffield, Chance Adams, Dustin Fowler, Domingo Acevedo and Jordan Montgomery.

Tyler Austin, Rob Refsnyder, Mason Williams, Tyler Wade, Bryan Mitchell, Luis Cessa, Jonathan Holder and Ian Clarkin.

Am I missing anyone?

Pretty safe to say that the Yankees now have 15-20 legit prospects in their system for the first time in decades?

Comments on Yankees Prospects

1. Greg H.
      December 3rd, 2016 | 1:24 pm

I’d add Albert Abreu.

The last time the farm system looked like this was before I can remember, and I’ve been following the team since the 70s. (Not that I knew who was in the farm system then).

I am really excited by Gleyber, Clint and Blake.

2. Evan3457
      December 3rd, 2016 | 10:27 pm

Steve wrote:

I missing anyone?

Yep.
      Abreu, the pitcher they just got from the Astros for McCann.
      And, technically, having exceeded the rookie limits for both days on the roster and PA, Sanchez is no longer a prospect.

3. KPOcala
      December 4th, 2016 | 4:27 am

Ian Clarkin still a “maybe”? And Luis Torrens (yeah, the shoulder). I know that Kyle Higashioka is “old” for the minors, but he “seems” to have broken free of his injuries. Anyone think that he could be a “sleeper”?

4. Evan3457
      December 4th, 2016 | 10:32 am

KPOcala wrote:

The Yankees do.
      He’s their “callup” catcher now, if either Sanchez or Romine has to go on the DL.

5. Evan3457
      December 4th, 2016 | 8:06 pm

…and the answer is:

Matt Holliday, 1 year, $13 million. I can live with that, because that’s the going rate. He’s definitely on the downside at age 36. Let’s hope he has a decent year left in him.

6. Greg H.
      December 5th, 2016 | 12:01 am

I@ Evan3457:
      I can live with it too.this had 1 yr contract veteran written all over it. It’s a small wager this guy will hit well and if he doesn’t no great loss. Supposed to be a good clubhouse guy which is needed as well.

7. December 5th, 2016 | 9:09 am

So, if the Yankees have 15-20 legit top shelf prospects, it is reasonable to expect at least 3-5 of them to click/hit/make it as foundation (core) type players? And, if this whole class comes and goes and not one bonafide player comes out of this crop, is it safe to say this “effort” was a total and absolute failure?

8. Greg H.
      December 5th, 2016 | 12:39 pm

Not sure how you would define a bona fide player, but if none of them were any good at all, you could say it failed. Pretty unlikely. Safe to say just about any team in MLB would be satisfied rolling the dice on this group.

9. December 5th, 2016 | 10:36 pm

Based on what the experts say, it has to be considered among the best crop.

10. rankdog
      December 6th, 2016 | 5:28 am

Not to mention the big international signing splash from two years ago is going to start creeping into the equation as well. A few of those guy started to make noise last year.