• As You Sow, So Shall You Reap.

Posted by on May 27th, 2017 · Comments (17)

Karma is a bitch.

Comments on As You Sow, So Shall You Reap.

1. redbug
      May 27th, 2017 | 12:10 pm

Agreed. The prices are outrageous. Not allowing non-moat fans to approach players before the game stinks. (is Yankee Stadium the only place that does that?). I don’t like the new stadium. It seems cold, concrete, seats are too far from the field.

At least Arod is gone.

2. Evan3457
      May 28th, 2017 | 5:56 pm

Yep; and they cut StubHub off at the knees in order to maintain their monopoly pricing. I could sometimes get what they call Field MVP (what used to be called Main Boxes) for about 2/3 off. I can afford that. Now, you’re lucky to find 1/3 off. I can’t afford that.

And I ain’t paying over $100 counting tolls, parking, concessions, gas, to sit in the upper deck in a different zip code.

3. Evan3457
      May 28th, 2017 | 5:57 pm

I can pay $75-100 for a good ticket. I can’t pay $175-$250 for one.
      Not often, anyway. Not for A’s-Yankees in May.

4. KPOcala
      May 28th, 2017 | 10:55 pm

A punch in the mouth to Hal & Co. They can talk about “History and Drama”, but you can bet the car that they’d damned well better make a “frosting” F/A splash in ’19 to do whatever it takes. George always preached that names put “fannies in the seats”. OH,and so does winning. Funny what a GREAT PLACE Jacob’s Field was to watch baseball in Cleveland. They sold an amazing amount of tickets, then they frittered their amazing collection of talent away. Then the field wasn’t so “great”….

June 1st, 2017 | 8:57 am

@ KPOcala:
      Well, at least they got the “drama” part right.

6. KPOcala
      June 1st, 2017 | 2:09 pm

@ Raf:
      Yep, that they do, but “poorly” 😉

7. Greg H.
      June 2nd, 2017 | 9:19 am

Excited to be attending Wednesday night’s game vs Boston! First time back to Yankee Stadium since 2008. First Boston game since the 80’s. We are in town for a wedding and decided to make it a family game, despite the price tag, which was pretty crazy, with 9 of us attending. I usually see the team in Oakland, where 30 bucks gets you a decent seat in a shitty park.

I’m sure I will miss the old stadium, but pumped to see the Yankees. If anyone from WW plans to attend, it would be cool to meet over a ($10) cold one.

8. KPOcala
      June 2nd, 2017 | 4:03 pm

@ Greg H.:
      My wife and I made our first trip to NYC, and the Yankees had just gone on the road. RATS! And I didn’t even a chance to look up family who came to NY via the tomato (sauce) boats back in the 1890’s. Well, next time…..

9. redbug
      June 9th, 2017 | 6:30 am

@ Greg H.:

Greg, I thought of you Wednesday night. I’m glad the Yanks won!

What did you think of the new stadium? Did you enjoy yourself?

10. Greg H.
      June 9th, 2017 | 12:34 pm

Redbug we had a fantastic time – it was so cool to watch the team at home. The night was beautiful, with a full moon and perfect temperature.

11. Greg H.
      June 9th, 2017 | 1:05 pm

I miss being able to see into the stadium from the train though. And the cost of everything was crazy as advertised. CC delivered and there’s nothing like the sound of Sinatra to usher the Red Sox to the showers.

12. redbug
      June 9th, 2017 | 2:06 pm

@ Greg H.:

I’m so glad you had a great time, despite the crazy prices.

CC has been outstanding!

13. Greg H.
      June 9th, 2017 | 5:15 pm

It was pretty epic we had nine of us at the game. I bought 7 tix and was able to transfer them, but mobile-only tickets assumes you have a smartphone and does not allow printed tickets at all. The transfer happened to work easily enough, but it was weird not to have any option of printing tickets.

I sat in Section 325, 3rd base side 3rd level. Not terrible seats, but 90 bucks? That’s too much for that seat.

14. June 10th, 2017 | 6:30 pm

A friend called me the other day. $300 seats. Had an extra ticket. But, I could not go. I saw the location of the seats later that night when he posted on facebook. Not what I expected for $300 seats. Field level. But, way out by the foul pole. Yanks are still delusional with these prices.

15. Evan3457
      June 11th, 2017 | 8:42 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Shouldn’t be any $300 seats down by either pole, on any level. Shouldn’t be more than about $150, and some of them should be $90-100, including the “fees”.
      You might be referring to “Champions Suites” seats which are at the extreme ends of the Legends Seats in front of the “moat” but way down each line well past 3rd. Those stop short well short of the pole. The list price is $325, and with fees, they’re probably more like $360.

June 13th, 2017 | 8:32 am

@ Evan3457:
      Still too much!

@ Greg H.:
      Glad you had a great time at the game!

17. Evan3457
      June 13th, 2017 | 5:18 pm

Raf wrote:

@ Evan3457:
      Still too much!

Well, yeah. But then, so is just about every seat in the park.