• Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Posted by on October 7th, 2017 · Comments (15)

Man, Game 2 of the ALDS in Cleveland was a crusher. To play for THAT LONG and not get the win. Brutal. And, Ronald Torreyes getting caught on the back pick at second? Inexcusable.

Know what? It’s been a nice run. But, seriously, the Yankees are not in the same class as the Indians or Astros right now. Maybe in a couple of years it will be different. But, now? That’s a negative, Ghost Rider.

Comments on Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

October 7th, 2017 | 11:57 pm

That was a tough game to lose. I was expecting a Cleveland sweep, but it would’ve been nice to steal one game against Kluber.

I’m surprised Girardi didn’t challenge the chisenhall HBP. Glad he owned up to it, that was a pretty lame excuse he used yesterday.

2. redbug
      October 8th, 2017 | 11:59 am

Torreyes getting caught was the least of the problems.

Joe not challenging was the worst, followed by his use of the BP. I was disgusted with all his excuses after the game. His next day acknowledgement helped but it was too little, way too late.

I was never a fan of Joe’s and that game was my last straw. I hope, but doubt, his contract won’t be renewed.

October 10th, 2017 | 8:21 am

And now we have a game 5 in Cleveland… CC vs Kluber. Thanks to Severino’s start yesterday and today’s off day, just about everyone should be available. I hope they iron out whatever’s wrong with Betances. He has bouts of wildness, but I don’t remember him being as wild as he was yesterday. Not since his days as a starter, IIRC.

Yankees have shown a lot more than I was expecting from them this postseason.

4. KPOcala
      October 11th, 2017 | 1:18 am

If the Yankees don’t get jumped early, they win. Kluber will be a bit tight, I would imagine that we jump THEM. On to the WS, maybe in five games 🙂

5. KPOcala
      October 11th, 2017 | 1:30 am

We should all tip our hats to Cashman. He’s done a great job with the Organization over the past five years. And he remade the pitching staff on the fly. He SHOULD win GM of the year…… Now he has to make sure that Tanaka is kept, no matter what. This team could reel in five Rings over the next 10-15 years. The caveat, the wrong injury to the wrong guys…… Still, “BRAVO” to Signore Cashman.”Ha fatto un ottimo lavoro”. “Strettamente Steve di affari”.

6. redbug
      October 11th, 2017 | 4:18 pm

I didn’t expect this team to be in the post season, much less in Game 5 position.

Won or lose, this is a great learning situation for this young team.
      So, we’ll see if this is like ’95 or’96. Either way, I really enjoyed this year

7. KPOcala
      October 11th, 2017 | 7:45 pm

@ redbug:
      “Amen” to your post.

October 11th, 2017 | 11:51 pm

Just goes to show, anything can happen in a short series.

9. KPOcala
      October 12th, 2017 | 12:25 am

@ Raf:Hard to understand how “nonchalant” errors happen during big games. And kudo for Frazier not missing a chance…..

TOWARDS THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!

10. Evan3457
      October 12th, 2017 | 1:45 am

I think it’s safe to say that Sir Didi has moved up a level from where he was before this season started.

11. Evan3457
      October 12th, 2017 | 3:14 am

Two home runs by Gregorius off of Kluber in the deciding game of the ALDS?

I DIDI not expect that. 😉

12. Greg H.
      October 13th, 2017 | 12:34 am

We live in Santa Rosa California. This year, the Yanks gave us the best gift ever, something to cheer about during a tough tough time. No TV for game 5, but hearing the radio broadcast was just as good, maybe better. Love this team and they are playing with house money after beating the best team in the AL. I actually think the Belushi reference in this quote helped a ton.

13. October 13th, 2017 | 11:03 am

Hoping for better days ahead for you Greg!

14. Evan3457
      October 13th, 2017 | 3:11 pm

Greg H. wrote:

Santa Rosa? Jeez.
      Hope better luck is around the corner for you.

15. Greg H.
      October 13th, 2017 | 4:48 pm

@ Steve L.:
      @ Evan3457:
      Thanks guys – we were very lucky. We only lost power and water for a week and had to evacuate. Monday’s fire stopped about 100 yards form our door. If not for the fire crews, our home was lost for certain. Many, many folks not nearly so lucky. Go Yanks – we will be watching tonight.