• Hensley Meulens

Posted by on November 18th, 2017 · Comments (13)

Must see TV:

I am still pissed that Girardi was dismissed. But, it would be interesting to see what Bam Bam can do.

Comments on Hensley Meulens

1. November 18th, 2017 | 9:42 am

I know I haven’t been around much. Missed a lot. Four weeks ago, we had to rush my 81-year old dad to the hospital. It’s been a wild ride since then…just starting to get back into a normal routine, sorta/kinda.

2. redbug
      November 19th, 2017 | 12:03 pm

I’m sorry about your father, Steve. How is he now?

As to a new manager, David Cone has expressed interest but it seems like he’s being ignored by Cashman. I think he’d be great. He’s smart, articulate, knowledgeable about analytics. I really like listening to him on YES. Maybe his role as players rep in the union during his playing days is turning off the Yanks?

3. November 19th, 2017 | 6:54 pm

Thanks redbug. He’s better than when it started. But, we’re far from out of the woods.

No way was Cone getting any consideration. He would probably have to do time as a pitching coach first.

4. redbug
      November 20th, 2017 | 7:42 am

Cashman interviewed Aaron Boone. He has no coaching or managerial experience.

5. KPOcala
      November 21st, 2017 | 12:58 pm

Steve prayers sent for your father, and your family. I know how rough it is…..

Off-topic, this article from the Baseball Prospectus is about as much of a “must read” as I’ve seen regarding sports in years….

November 23rd, 2017 | 10:31 am

Get well soon, Steve’s Dad!

It would be cool to see Cone as manager. I think Larry Dierker managed the Astros with no experience. With that said the game has changed a lot since then with regards to analytics and deployment of players where front offices are playing a bigger role.

I would be happy to see Cone as a pitching coach or in some coaching capacity at the ML or MiL level. I think he has a lot to offer.

I’d be cool with Bam Bam as manager. I’m a little surprised he hasn’t gotten a run somewhere yet. Bochy’s staff in general. Remember when Torre’s coaches were in high demand?

7. Evan3457
      November 23rd, 2017 | 1:10 pm

From what I’ve read about him, Meulens would be OK with me.

I wasn’t happy Girardi got fired. I wasn’t sad about it either. Or mad.

8. Greg H.
      November 26th, 2017 | 11:45 am

I’m ok with Bam Bam. But as Boston fans said once, “Aaron f-ing Boone?” I like that Muelens speaks all the languages in the clubhouse, if only a bit of Japanese. That’s gotta help. Anyone taking over as skipper of this team would have to be pinching himself, chomping at the bit. The Yanks are built for a real good run. All the manager needs to do is not screw it up.

@ KPOcala:
      Thanks – good article.

9. November 26th, 2017 | 9:08 pm

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Story of my life lately…

Thanksgiving was one month since all the stuff started for my dad. And, he actually is in a better place now – but, far from out of the woods.

Moving on, the day after Thanksgiving. 8:50 AM. I have an accident and get injured. Pretty sure I tore my bicep tendons. Literally, I heard four loud pops as I hurt it. MRI this week will tell me more. And, it’s my dominant arm.

10. Evan3457
      November 28th, 2017 | 5:14 am

Steve L. wrote:

Thanks to all for the well wishes.
      Story of my life lately…

Glad your dad is doing better. Sorry that you’re not. Take care of yourself as best you can.

11. KPOcala
      November 28th, 2017 | 12:13 pm

@ Evan3457:I’ll second Evan’s wishes. OH MAN….

12. December 1st, 2017 | 5:49 pm

Thanks guys. Partial bicep tendon tear. We’re going the Tanaka route – no surgery. Drugs and P.T. for 6 weeks and see where it is…hopefully that’s all that is needed.

December 1st, 2017 | 11:16 pm