• The Sinister Six

Posted by on December 1st, 2017 · Comments (14)

Aaron Boone, Carlos Beltran, Hensley Meulens, Rob Thomson, Eric Wedge and Chris Woodward.

If it’s Wedge, Cashman has really lost his mind.

I would go with Meulens (from this group). If that happens, Thomson probably walks. And, so be it.

Some think Beltran, being last interviewed before they announced no more interviews, is the guy.
    Me? I think the New York press will eat him alive.

Comments on The Sinister Six

1. December 1st, 2017 | 8:03 pm

It’s now a gang of four…
      I still don’t get the hard on for Boone…

December 1st, 2017 | 10:25 pm

Twitter is saying it’s Boone. A curious pick.

3. redbug
      December 1st, 2017 | 10:32 pm

They pick Boone with no coaching or managerial experience but can’t bother to even interview David Cone after he expressed interest?! That ticks me off.

4. December 1st, 2017 | 10:59 pm

Fear not. Aaron Boone will blow out his knee at the Winter Meetings and then the Yankees will hire A-Rod to replace him as manager.

5. Greg H.
      December 2nd, 2017 | 12:23 pm

@ Steve L.:
      Good one. I had forgotten that episode Steve.
      This is a head scratcher. I would have preferred Bam Bam. But really, doesn’t make a huge difference. Glad it’s decided. Now go get Ohtani.

6. Evan3457
      December 3rd, 2017 | 2:41 am

Greg H. wrote:

@ Steve L.:
      Good one. I had forgotten that episode Steve.

I’d have picked Meulens, too.
      This is an interesting pick, and by “interesting”, I mean: risky.
      Sure hope it works.

7. KPOcala
      December 3rd, 2017 | 3:07 am

Levine as bench coach? At least Joe Espada isn’t coaching third……….

8. KPOcala
      December 3rd, 2017 | 3:10 am

Some of you guys must have missed it, Cashman won Executive of the year! I wouldn’t have thought that Branch Rickey would ever have won one with the Yankees. I wonder if Gammons has written a long article on the topic…. 😉

9. Evan3457
      December 4th, 2017 | 12:00 am

Off-topic:

No-htani for the Yanks. :/

December 4th, 2017 | 12:28 am

Oh well. Guess the Yanks will have to focus on the recently liberated Braves prospects.

11. December 4th, 2017 | 1:23 pm

There is nothing you can say at this point. Firing Girardi was a mistake, Aaron Boone is nothing but a shot in the dark, it’s pure guess work. I think there should be more to hiring a Yankee manager than he “interviewed well” (as I’m writing this my son just came into the room and announced the Giants fired McAdoo and Reese).

12. KPOcala
      December 5th, 2017 | 11:16 am

I wonder if Boone is going to be nothing more than a mouthpiece in the chain-of-command. Maybe Hal will be calling for curves/fastballs, IBB, and tell Boone what line-up to use 😉 Or maybe it really will be closer to that than we’d think. The analytics “people” are probably convinced that managers are expensive idiots…..

13. KPOcala
      December 5th, 2017 | 11:17 am

PS, the firing was strange, strange, strange………

14. Evan3457
      December 9th, 2017 | 4:27 am

Joseph Maloney wrote:

It’s a little premature to say that firing Girardi was a mistake.
      It might very well have been a mistake.
      It might very well be that Boone is a second mistake.

But it’s a little premature to make those judgment.