Still to be played:
- 6 games against the Orioles.
- 6 games against the Rays.
- 7 games against the Blue Jays.
- 7 games against the Red Sox.
- 3 games against the Mets.
- 4 games against the White Sox.
That’s a total of 33 games. Some should be easy – like the ones against Boston and Chicago. But, some will be tougher – like the ones against Jays and the Mets. And, some will be interesting – like the ones against Baltimore and Tampa Bay. Those dozen games against the O’s and Rays may just be the ones to push the Yankees over the top or sink their chances at hanging on to a playoff spot.
What’s the Yankees magic number here? Is 17 wins (in 33 games) enough to hang on and make the playoffs? Or, does the number have to be closer to 18 or 19 wins? What do you think?