It’s taken me five baseball seasons, but, I think I’ve finally come up with a “posting” pattern that’s going to work best for me, now, at this time of my life. Related, I thought that I would share it with you – since you’re a reader of WasWatching.com.
As you may have noticed, about four months ago, my “post” frequency here shifted more heavily towards nights and weekends. The main exception to this being the Water Cooler Talk items that started last October – appearing Monday through Friday mornings. Oh, and, yes, we have the random Wild Thoughts that I started doing last December – whenever they popped into my head.
Following this new “posting” trend, here’s what you can expect from WasWatching.com as we head towards the 2009 season.
1. The Water Cooler Talk series will continue. Since this is a chron-job item for me, meaning I set them up in advance to be published according to a scheduled date/time, that’s easy. As usual, expect them to appear around 7 am EST each day. Now, note that I said “each day.” Yes, I’m going to expand the series from being a weekday thing into being something that happens seven days a week. Why? Here’s the logic: Back during last September, we had a trial run here with “Game Threads.” I’m not going to pick that up this season – in the format we had last year. But, I’m going to set up the Water Cooler Talk entries so that they can serve as a place for you to comment on anything Yankees-related during that day – as well as serving as a place for you to comment on the game that day, if there is one, while the game is being played. It’s the two-birds with one stone thing, etc.
2. I will continue to “post” random Wild Thoughts during the day, on weekdays, as they enter my head, etc. They will probably appear around 12-noon EST. Basically, it will be contingent upon me having a thought that day and having time to squeeze it in to the ten minute break that I get each weekday for lunch.
3. If there’s any “Breaking News” during the day, on weekdays, I’ll try and get something “posted” on it ASAP – even if it’s just a link to the news, for you to be aware of it, or to comment on it, with the promise that my commentary/opinion will follow later that day.
4. Since the only time I have to really let loose with “stuff” on weekdays is between the hours of 8 pm EST and Midnight EST, that’s when you’ll see the more “meaty” things from me – Monday through Friday. (At night is when I will also be “posting” the various SNY.tv video clips that I’ve been sharing over the past year.) On the weekends, I can get to bigger stuff at different times. But, more times than not, it will be in the morning (here).
5. I’ve been on the fence a bit with what to do with my Game Commentary “posts.” I did them in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 for each game that was played. I was thinking about, this season, doing a weeky recap of the games, instead of a game-by-game thing. The force behind this being that I’m really pressed for time, balancing work and home, with blogging, and was trying to get myself some time back away from blogging. But, I truly feel that not having the Game Commentary “posted” after each game would take away from the reader experience here – as well as my ability to celebrate or vent (which is why I started doing this in the first place). So, I’m going to stick with the Game Commentary “posts” happening after each game. Expect to see those “posted” some time between right after the game is finished and somewhere around six hours after the game is finished.
That’s it. If you have any questions or comments on this programming schedule, please share them in the comments section below.