• Red Light Schilling Gets National Platform

Posted by on April 4th, 2010 · Comments (6)

Via the Free Press

Curt Schilling has been hired by ESPN as a baseball analyst. The network said the former pitcher, who won World Series with the Arizona Diamondbacks and Boston Red Sox, will appear on “Baseball Tonight” and ESPN Radio, in addition to contributing to ESPNBoston.com and the company’s main Web site. He will make his debut tonight during ESPN’s pregame coverage of the season opener between Boston and the New York Yankees.

I’ve never been one of those people who believed that ESPN had an anti-Yankees bias. But, with the addition of Schilling, they may have an element of that now.

Don’t get me wrong here…Schilling knows more about baseball than many other people. He’s a true student of the game. But, he’s also a narcissistic grandstanding windbag who’s in love with the sound of his own thoughts/voice. Plus, he’s a Red Sox propaganda artist. So, I’m pretty sure this will lead to some anti-Yankees slant on the coverage that he provides for ESPN.

Comments on Red Light Schilling Gets National Platform

1. 77yankees
      April 4th, 2010 | 9:42 am

Look at the bright side – now they have an expert analyst for their coverage of the Nathan’s 4th of July Hot Dog Eating Contest.

2. Corey Italiano
      April 4th, 2010 | 10:15 am

Does anyone still watch baseball tonight? If you do, why? MLB Network’s MLB Tonight is far, far superior.

3. April 4th, 2010 | 10:34 am

@ Corey Italiano:

I have to confess – I can’t remember the last time I sat down to watch ESPN’s Baseball Tonight. It used to be a staple for me. But, that was years ago.

4. Corey Italiano
      April 4th, 2010 | 10:37 am

@ Steve Lombardi:
      Yup, same for me. But MLB Network was so well done, there’s no looking back.

To be honest, I think MLB Network might have been the best launch of any channel that I can remember. No glitches, no down time, and top notch programming for its entirety.

April 4th, 2010 | 1:25 pm

I can’t remember the last time I watched BBTN. I made the switch to MLBN and haven’t looked back.

6. April 4th, 2010 | 1:34 pm