• Michael Young

Posted by on July 31st, 2013 · Comments (11)

Well, he’d be better than Jayson Nix at third, right?

Comments on Michael Young

1. MJ Recanati
      July 31st, 2013 | 3:28 pm

He’s a defensive joke but his bat is certainly better than any current alternative.

2. MJ Recanati
      July 31st, 2013 | 3:38 pm

In other trade news, the D-Backs traded Ian Kennedy to San Diego. I’m surprised though I guess Arizona lost faith in Kennedy after he peaked two years ago with a flukishly great season.

3. Evan3457
      July 31st, 2013 | 3:43 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Or David Adams. Or Corban Joseph. Or Luis Cruz. Or Chris Nelson. Or Brent Lillibridge. Or Alberto Gonzalez. Or all of them combined.

Unfortunately, his defensive liabilities will offset the offensive gain. Was hoping they’d trade for Young and play him at 1st against lefties, or DH him from the right side, negating the need to play Wells much.

4. KPOcala
      July 31st, 2013 | 4:13 pm

Better to play the season out, maybe they catch lightning in a bottle. Better than trading Willie McGee for, thankfully I just drew a blank on the pitcher that was supposed to help them. Or Buhner for Phelps, etc. Note, that those gems can’t be “charged” to Cashman. The team needs an overhaul, had it been me, I would have traded everyone who would have brought something significant in return. The wild card be damned.

5. MJ Recanati
      July 31st, 2013 | 4:20 pm

KPOcala wrote:

I would’ve done the same but the owner of the team doesn’t agree.

July 31st, 2013 | 8:41 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

He should do well in San Diego.

7. Ricketson
      July 31st, 2013 | 10:59 pm

KPOcala wrote:

I just drew a blank on the pitcher that was supposed to help them.

Bob Sykes.
      KPOcala wrote:

Note, that those gems can’t be “charged” to Cashman.

I’d provide you with a list of gems that can be charged to John Cashman’s son, but it’s almost 11:00 p.m., and I cant’ stay up for another two hours.

8. Ricketson
      July 31st, 2013 | 11:12 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

flukishly great season.

Like the flukish season Hughes had in 2010.

9. KPOcala
      August 1st, 2013 | 8:06 am

@ Ricketson: Thanks, I kept coming up with “Andy Van Slyke” knowing that he was a center fielder 😉 BTW, that’s the same regime that gave away Fred McGriff….. I’m glad we kept Hughes, I still think he’s going to get better, one of these years. Playing for the Red Sox…..

10. KPOcala
      August 1st, 2013 | 11:40 am

@ Ricketson: Hughes has always had a higher “upside” than IPK, and still does. And as for John Cashman’s son, travel the league, and start rolling up a list of the idiotic moves that “Great” GMs make. I think you’ll be surprised.

11. KPOcala
      August 1st, 2013 | 11:46 am

Isn’t this the same “Michael Young” that has been ridiculed by ‘Saber-Heads ‘for about 5 years as being “overrated”? Had they picked him up for “nothing”, great. But if the season really hinges on giving up a “package” for Young, then it’s time to pack it in…… Cashman was always in a no-win position, but gawd, you’d think that Steve Phillips was running the show……….