• A-Rod

Posted by on July 27th, 2015 · Comments (17)

I ‘m sorry.  But, he’s using something.

He’s 40 years old today.  You don’t hit like he’s hitting now when you are 40-years old.  His OPS+ is over 150.  The last time he had it that high was 2008 – when he was 32 years old, and, by the way, juicing at that time.

The only guys to ever hit like this, at this age, were Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Willie Mays and Barry Bonds.

Actually, Bonds was way over the top.  But, he know he was juicing like Tropicana at that time.

Given the way Alex played at 35, 36 and 37 – and the fact that he missed all of his age 38 season – there’s no way he comes back at 39 and hits this way.

And, let’s not forget that he’s already played this game in the past – saying that he would never use PEDs again…and then he went out and played with them anyway.

I know Rodriguez is selling a lot of stuff now.  But, I ain’t buying.  Sorry.

Comments on A-Rod

1. KPOcala
      July 27th, 2015 | 12:42 pm

Like Armstrong winning five tours, then blowing past what nobody had ever done, by 40%. I don’t believe it either, especially the way some of those balls take off. Whatever he’s on though, he’ll never get caught this time…..

2. July 27th, 2015 | 12:54 pm

True. I believe there are many using today. And, most of them will never be caught. But, A-Rod has a history of getting caught.

3. Evan3457
      July 27th, 2015 | 4:28 pm

Well, he did meet with Bonds over the winter. His swing seems shorter than in recent years. So perhaps Bonds

1) Helped him make some changes in his swing
      2) Showed him how to beat the drug screenings, since Bonds himself never failed a test, either.

Either? Both? Anyway, you’re right to be suspicious.

4. redbug
      July 27th, 2015 | 6:31 pm

There is no question Arod has found a new chemist. I hope he gets caught.

I can’t stand seeing this cheat and liar in pinstripes.

5. KPOcala
      July 28th, 2015 | 12:53 am

Funny how Cano and Melky both came out of their season long slumps at the same time. Same with David Ortiz, among others. I guess their labs had a supply-line glitch….

6. Evan3457
      July 28th, 2015 | 3:00 am

Rockies trade Tulowitzki and LaTroy Hawkins to the….Blue Jays!?!

For Jose Reyes, and minor league pitchers Miguel Castro and Jeff Hoffman and one other minor leaguer. Both Castro and Hoffman are considered very good prospects, but they didn’t trade Norris, Sanchez, or Stroman.

7. July 28th, 2015 | 8:50 am

KPOcala wrote:

Great line!

8. July 28th, 2015 | 8:52 am

redbug wrote:

There is no question Arod has found a new chemist. I hope he gets caught.
      I can’t stand seeing this cheat and liar in pinstripes.

The sad part of that it – meaning getting caught – is that probably won’t happen until someone blows a whistle or there’s some paper trail that surfaces to disclose it. And, that may not happen until long after this season is played. Maybe not even until he is long retired.

9. G.I. Joey
      July 28th, 2015 | 11:35 am

The opposite of this would be him being unproductive this season and everyone still complaining, so I’ll take the production (dirty, clean, whatever). I’m assuming he is subject to the same testing that everyone else is and if he found a way to beat it, that’s for the league to sort out. I’m just sort of burnt out on evaluating how bad of a person A Rod is and it’s painfully obvious he is a seriously flawed individual. My only concern now is the impact his bat has in the Yankees lineup as they pursue another championship.

10. Evan3457
      July 29th, 2015 | 3:14 am

I think the 2nd game in Minnesota turned things again.

Their 2-week plus hot streak had just about run its course, and was about to turn the other way, but that comeback win on Saturday gave them a huge confidence boost, and they’re rolling again.

White Sox are hot as well, but I can see them winning 3 or 4 of the remaining 5 games on this trip, either the remaining two in Texas and one in Chicago, or 1 of the next 2 and 2 in Chicago, as they’re lucky enough not to have to face Sale, who goes Thursday in Fenway.

11. Evan3457
      July 30th, 2015 | 1:56 pm

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!

That sound you just heard was the season turning on a dime:

1. Jays trade for Tulo

2. Jays trade for Price

3. Yanks get neither Hamels nor Price nor Cueto

4. Pineda gets pulls from start for “forearm tightness” (muscle, not elbow, they’re saying right now). Mitchell up to take his start tonight.

5. O’s getting hot.

12. KPOcala
      July 30th, 2015 | 6:27 pm
    13. #15
      July 31st, 2015 | 10:19 am

@ Evan3457:
      Guess Yankee management believed less in this team than I did. Stunning inaction while teams fortified around them.
      Turns out the middle infield help I was screaming for was available. Turns out the starter help we were all screaming for was available. Most all teams in the hunt did at least some fine tuning and several went all in. With no reasonable way to expect repeats of Tex’s and Arod’s seasons next year our window to grab one is closing. I don’t think our hoped for impact rookies can make up the difference.

If Medium Mike is hurt, might as well bring up Severino and have something to look at as we watch our lead dwindle.

14. Evan3457
      July 31st, 2015 | 6:44 pm

#15 wrote:

@ Evan3457:

What big time middle infielder was available? Tulo? Hal’s not taking that contract these days.

Severino is on the way.

15. #15
      August 1st, 2015 | 2:25 am

Yes, I’d have taken Tulo or Zobrist. For me, the Yankees were good enough to double down and take a shot.
      I may be a few hours behind, but the Reyes contract nut was large enough that a package including Didi, maybe Warren (who I really like) and a less than blue chip minor leaguer would have been more $ and youth favorable for the Rockies.

August 1st, 2015 | 9:18 am

Tulo’s injury history may have scared off the Yanks. Then again, with the Yankees’ “youth movement,” Tulo may not have been seriously considered?

17. Evan3457
      August 2nd, 2015 | 5:52 pm

Raf wrote:

Tulo: the contract. Hal’s not adding more of them for awhile.
      Zobrist: the price. Not worth a Severino or a Judge.