• Prediction: Starting Tonight

Posted by on August 6th, 2015 · Comments (15)

The Yankees will go 17-20 in their next 37 games, including the one this evening. But, what do I know?

If they prove me wrong, and win at least 20 of their next 37 games, then I will be convinced that they are a legit contender to make the post-season and do some damage in October.

Ball’s in their court. Prove me right, or, wrong, Yankees.

Now, watch…they will split the difference and win 18 or 19 of their next 37 games. That would be right on pace with how they have played in their last 73 games.

Comments on Prediction: Starting Tonight

1. Evan3457
      August 6th, 2015 | 10:43 pm

1 down, 16 to go.

2. Mick
      August 7th, 2015 | 1:34 pm

Think they can take two from the Jays? Dickey been hot as of late but you got believe this the most imp game of the series.

3. Evan3457
      August 7th, 2015 | 5:33 pm

Mick wrote:

I don’t know. I do know they’ll have to steal one of the 1st two to win the series. Dickey is hot, Eovaldi is up and down. Tomorrow, Price owed the Yanks a beating or two, and the Jays have always hit Nova very very well. (.284/.356/.421 vs. the Jays in his career; 4-2 with a 4.74 ERA). He hasn’t faced them since 2013, so that’s dated.

4. Mick
      August 7th, 2015 | 6:22 pm

@ Evan3457:
      This is the first series I have been excited about in years. Living in Newfoundland, Canada there’s been Blue Jay hysteria for the last week and a half. Its almost sickening Lol. I don’t appreciate the Toronto hype machine or the Jays but it is exciting. The Yanks have owned Price this year and all other Cy Young winner except for Dickey. Yankees have faced seven former Cy Young winners this year and are 6-1 (only loss is to RA Dickey).

5. Evan3457
      August 8th, 2015 | 12:48 am

Mick wrote:

@ Evan3457:

6. redbug
      August 8th, 2015 | 9:54 am

@ Evan3457:The beating Price took against them this year was in the cold and snow in Detroit in April. Won’t be snowing Saturday afternoon in the Bronx.

True, but last Aug. 27, allowed eight runs and 12 hits in two-plus innings, an 8-4 loss

7. Mick
      August 8th, 2015 | 10:22 am

After last night I The Price is wrong

8. Mick
      August 8th, 2015 | 10:23 am

@ Mick:
      insert “hope”

9. August 29th, 2015 | 12:26 pm

10-11 with 16 games to go.

10. Evan3457
      August 30th, 2015 | 6:16 pm

Steve L. wrote:

10-11 with 16 games to go.

12-11 with 14 games to go now. At a guess, I’d say they’re 7-7 or 8-6 over those 14.

I think the Yanks go 18-15 the rest of the way to get to 90-72, which depending what the Rangers do, gives the Yanks the 2nd wild card.
      ===============================
      If the Jays keep going 20-3 against everyone not the Yankees, they’ll go 22-3 in the remaining non-head-to-head games, which gives them 96 wins. Yanks could then go 6-1 in the head to head, and they’d still have to 18-8 in the other 26 games to just tie them.

And they ain’t taking 6 out of 7 from the Jays, head to head.

11. Evan3457
      August 30th, 2015 | 6:20 pm

OK, the 1st or 2nd wild card, depending on what the Rangers do.

Looking at the Rangers schedule, they might go 22-12 and tie the Yanks, which would put the Wild Card game in Texas, via better head to head record, and Hamels throwing that one for the Rangers.

12. Evan3457
      August 30th, 2015 | 6:21 pm

Can’t see the Twins, O’s, Angels, Rays or Indians making a charge at a Wild Card anymore. It might happen, but I don’t see it.

13. Evan3457
      September 3rd, 2015 | 5:41 pm

14-12 now, with 11 games to go. Yanks should take at least 5 on this homestand, and make it to 19-17 or 20-16.

Moore now lines up for the 1st game in Tamap, I think. So at this moment, it appears the Yanks will past the 37-game test by a little.

14. September 9th, 2015 | 1:28 pm

I thought it would be 17-20.

Right now, it’s 17-14 with 6 to go.

I will be off by zero to six, TBD.

15. Evan3457
      September 10th, 2015 | 1:19 pm

Steve L. wrote:

I thought it would be 17-20.
      Right now, it’s 17-14 with 6 to go.
      I will be off by zero to six, TBD.

My guess is that you’ll be of by 2 or 3. More likely 2.