• Can (Or Will?) The Yankees Lose 90 Games In 2016?

Posted by on April 27th, 2016 · Comments (11)

I’m starting to think it’s possible.

The last time that happened was 1991.

Comments on Can (Or Will?) The Yankees Lose 90 Games In 2016?

1. Evan3457
      April 29th, 2016 | 4:50 pm

Yes they can.
      If they keep hitting like this, they will.

2. KPOcala
      April 29th, 2016 | 8:48 pm

Only if they do a “sellout”…….

3. April 30th, 2016 | 9:37 am

That Headley deal looks worse and worse everyday. Nice job, Cash.

4. KPOcala
      April 30th, 2016 | 5:43 pm

Colonel Kurtz, “Did they tell you why you were to terminate my command”? Captain Willard, “They said that your methods were insane”. Kurtz, “And what to think, of my methods”? Willard, “I don’t see any method, at all, sir”.

I’m now at the point of wondering exactly when and how everything “pulls together”. Three (actually four, including this year) starting pitchers who can go into free agency next year, one who should be a LOOGY, aging corner infielders, outfielders who at best, have two possible decent years left. And at this point, nobody who is a can’t miss player in the minors. Worse, ownership who “doesn’t want to commit to big salaries that extend into a player’s mid-thirties (dooming the team from EVER signing a real “Star”). I thought that the late George was a PITA, but now the team is run by bean-counters, think “Cal Pollard” of the Twins, some years back. Bullwinkle needs to pull a few rabbits out of the ole hat, no?

5. LMJ229
      April 30th, 2016 | 8:20 pm

@ KPOcala:
      Great post.

6. LMJ229
      April 30th, 2016 | 8:28 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

Yes they can.
      If they keep hitting like this, they will.

Ditto.
      At this point, I’ve stopped watching for the sake of my sanity and the continuing operation of my TV and remote control. You know what really kills me? I ordered DirectTV (while keeping Comcast!) just so I could watch the games. So now I’m paying 2 cable bills – an extra $100 a month with a 2 year commitment – to watch this crap. If I had just waited one stinking month!!

7. LMJ229
      April 30th, 2016 | 8:34 pm

Steve L. wrote:

That Headley deal looks worse and worse everyday. Nice job, Cash.

Cashman regularly gets fixated on a player and refuses to let go. He tried several times to trade for Headly before he finally pulled it off and once he did you know he wasn’t about to let him go. Headley looks completely lost. They really need to sit him for a couple of days to get his head straight. And if Torreyes keeps getting hits they should keep sitting him.
      But we all know they won’t.

8. KPOcala
      April 30th, 2016 | 11:39 pm

@ LMJ229:Watching them right now, “The horror, the horror….” I want to pull my teeth out, gawd, I KNOW that they’ve had stretches like this, and (maybe) it’s the first month, which might not be as bad if viewed in June…. Still, who can “Man” them up? Trost? Hal? Hank? Levine? And Giardia uses his stat book so that he always has an “answer”, he should be in politics…. Oh, he already is….

9. redbug
      May 1st, 2016 | 11:52 am

RAB reminds us at 8-14, the Yanks are off to their worst start since ’91. That team went on to lose 91 games. This team could too.

They’ve been awful and boring to watch.

They’re lucky. Forecast is for rain tonight in Boston. They won’t have to face David Price.

10. KPOcala
      May 1st, 2016 | 2:04 pm

@ redbug:Man, we’ve fallen a long way hoping for rain-outs. It really says it all regarding how most of us feel about this team, no?

11. redbug
      May 1st, 2016 | 2:24 pm

@ KPOcala:

Yep, you’re right, KP. I think it’s going to be years before we see good baseball again.